domingo, 20 de noviembre de 2011

Christmas Quiz

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...


Christmas is all around you, and so the feeling grows...




If anyone hasn't seen Love Actually, he or she would never understand what Christmas is about... Freezing your bottom in the snow for that special person that will buy you a pair of socks as a present to celebrate the false birth of a myth.




And now, our main feature presentation...




There will be a Christmas Quiz in class some day in December. The questions will be taken out of the 32-page handout which you can buy at the photocopier, and there will be prizes for the students with the highest number of correct answers.




As I announced in class, I will post here some of the questions for the quiz in advance, so you can have an idea of what kind of things I am going to ask. I will post one question per week, but as this announcement comes a bit late, I will reveal two of them today.




The first question is : What is the origin of the name "Christmas"?




And the second question would be: What is a Christmas Pudding? What customs and traditions are associated with it?




I will announce the date of the quiz here after the English exam on 28 November, so stay tuned!




Juan Carlos Laguna.


2 comentarios:

  1. I for one happen to have watched Love Actually at least one hundred times, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant and Rowan Atkinson are amazing.

    Danielle Davis

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Keira Knightley, Liam Neeson and Emma Thompson are also wonderful, but my favourite character is the rock star played by Bill Nighy because it is the REAL spirit of Christmas.

    ResponderEliminar